Paprika Festival is looking for a Communications Manager!
Application Deadline: June 19, 2018, 5PM
Start Date: June 27, 2018
Position: Communications Manager
Region: Downtown Toronto, ON
For the past 17 years Paprika Festival, has been a year-round youth-led performing arts organization celebrating the work of young and emerging artists. All of the programs include a strong focus on mentorship and training, and are guided by the four core values of accessibility, artistic development, community and youth leadership. Paprika’s educational programs include Productions, Creators’ Unit, Playwriting Programs, Director’s Lab, Indigenous Arts Program and the Advisory Board. These programs run between October and May, culminating in the annual Festival. For more information, please visit our website, www.paprikafestival.com.
The Communications Manager is responsible for working with the Paprika team to plan, implement and manage marketing, publicity and graphic design efforts leading up to and during the Festival (May 2019). This position offers an excellent opportunity to take on a leadership role in promoting and marketing a youth performing arts festival. The successful applicant will also have excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to work well on a team and some knowledge of marketing strategy. Graphic design abilities are essential. Access to Adobe and editing programs an asset.
Contract dates: June 27, 2018 – June 30, 2019
– Plan, create & execute a marketing plan for the festival that spans print, digital/social media
– Ongoing design/development of marketing materials and assets for the Paprika festival and events throughout the year
– Manage online communications: participant call for submissions, social media postings, newsletters & website updates
– Coordinate photography coverage of all Paprika events, including rehearsals
– Ongoing participant correspondence and gathering of promotional information for Festival shows
– Write press releases and liaise with Toronto media in the promotion of Paprika events
– Manage relationships with local businesses in securing in-kind donations for festival events
– Attend bi-weekly staff meetings
– Background education and/or experience in marketing, communications, public relations, arts administration
– Expertise with Adobe InDesign & Photoshop is essential
– Experience writing press releases – a good knowledge of media contacts is considered a strong asset
– Experience with web publishing on WordPress and use of Mailchimp
– Attention to detail, self-starter
– Ability to meet deadlines and work within a budget
– Knowledge of the non-profit sector and passion for education and the performing arts
– Due to Paprika’s commitment to training young leaders, the ideal candidate will be under 30.
NOTE: This contract is a part-time work opportunity intended for individuals with the flexibility and willingness to commit their time as required, and whenever possible, out of a genuine belief in the mandate of the organization.
How to Apply:
Please send a resume, cover letter and a work sample of previous graphic design work and copy writing in a single PDF.
Work samples must include at least 2 visual assets (eg: poster, promo graphic, logo, etc.) and 300-500 words of copy writing (eg: a press release, announcement, promotional blurb, etc – can be a mix of multiple pieces.).
Please send your single PDF to Daniel Carter, in-coming General Manager, via firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Applicant, Communications Manager.” Applications are due by 5PM on June 19, 2018