Trinidad born singer, actor and dancer Deborah Maitland (19/20 Festival Administrators), has been performing since the age of eight. With roots in Shakespeare and poetry she completed a BA in Theatre Arts at the University of the West Indies. Competent in technical and practical aspects of the theatre, she has directed, stage managed, designed for and acted in numerous productions. After teaching arts at an elementary school for some time, she migrated to Canada to pursue a graduate program at Humber College in Arts Administration where she found the Paprika Festival Administrators. Deborah basks in the magic of theatre performing as lead vocalist in several productions over the years. She loves to collaborate with other artists to provide memorable experiences for diverse audiences.
Up in the Air: Paprika Artists on Hoping and Coping Through Crisis
A documentary featuring 19/20 Paprika participants discussing how the in-person festival cancellation affected their mental, physical and social health, perspectives on how current events have impacted the Festival, the benefits and learning outcomes from this year’s Paprika Festival, and visions for the future of the arts sector for emerging artists.
- Conceived and Produced by: Rebecca Gray, Ahmed Hegazy, Brady Madsen, Deborah Maitland, and Haley Vincent
- Music Composition & Performance: Rebecca Gray
- Music Editor: Ahmed Hegazy
- Videographer/Editor:: Lucia Linares
- Mentors: Emma Westray and Kevin Matthew Wong
- Featuring: Sophie Dow, Rose Goodwin, Santiago Guzmán, and Abigail Whitney
Up in the Air: Paprika Artists on Hoping and Coping Through Crisispremieres on Youtube Thurs. July 16 at 7pm EDT.