Ahmed Hegazy (19/20 Festival Administrators) is a cultural worker originally from Cairo, Egypt. He is interested in sound studies, oral history, and community arts practices and has worked on projects for Community Arts Guild, Toronto Ward Museum, Toronto International Film Festival, and Expect Theatre. His writing has been published in C Magazine.
Up in the Air: Paprika Artists on Hoping and Coping Through Crisis
A documentary featuring 19/20 Paprika participants discussing how the in-person festival cancellation affected their mental, physical and social health, perspectives on how current events have impacted the Festival, the benefits and learning outcomes from this year’s Paprika Festival, and visions for the future of the arts sector for emerging artists.
- Conceived and Produced by: Rebecca Gray, Ahmed Hegazy, Brady Madsen, Deborah Maitland, and Haley Vincent
- Music Composition & Performance: Rebecca Gray
- Music Editor: Ahmed Hegazy
- Videographer/Editor:: Lucia Linares
- Mentors: Emma Westray and Kevin Matthew Wong
- Featuring: Sophie Dow, Rose Goodwin, Santiago Guzmán, and Abigail Whitney
Up in the Air: Paprika Artists on Hoping and Coping Through Crisispremieres on Youtube Thurs. July 16 at 7pm EDT.