We are seeking enthusiastic and ambitious young leaders to be our Festival Administrators for our 2018/19 season! For this program, we are especially interested in candidates between 19 and 25 years of age.
Festival Administrators gain hands-on leadership training in this program for young people, led by young people. Festival Administrators engage with the Festival as creative thinkers, planning fundraising events and promotional projects to ensure the success of the festival for its participants and audience. From seeking sponsorship, to planning a hoppin’ fundraiser, to performing administrative tasks, Festival Administrators have a hand in it all and are a vital part of Paprika.
The 2018/2019 Lead Festival Administrator is Hana El Niwairi. To learn more about this year’s facilitators, click here!
In addition to being part of this program, all participants gather for four Training Day masterclasses led by professional artists, with workshop topics ranging from physical theatre, to pitching your show, to decolonizing arts practice. These days are a chance for participants to meet and work with one another (and find future collaborators!).
– Planning and executing a major fundraising event for Paprika Festival
– Promoting and supporting an online fundraiser for Paprika
– Attend a meet and greet and Paprika Festival Training Days
– Attend and participate in monthly Festival Admin meetings
– During the Festival: run Front of House, manage the merchandise table, support as ushers
– Contribute to Paprika Festival’s blog
Ideal candidates will have:
– Interest in Arts Administration and/or Producing
– Strong organizational and time management skills
– Effective communication skills
– Enthusiasm for the arts, theatre, and youth engagement
– Have creative ideas to support emerging artists
– An investment in the well-being of Paprika
– Strong initiative and willingness to learn