Applications due September 30, 2019
• Stage your original show with the support of a professional artist mentor
• Write a 30 minute script with the support of a mentor and peers and receive a public reading
• Create an original piece with the support of a mentor and peers and receive a public reading
• Have the option to return for a second year to fully stage your piece
*NEW* DESIGN LAB (Ages 16-30)
• Hands-on experience and mentorship in lighting or sound design
• Collectively create and perform a devised piece for the Festival with the guidance of a mentor
• Direct a 30 minute workshop production with the support of a mentor
• Hands-on training in arts administration, producing, event-planning, and leadership.
In addition to being part of one of these programs, everyone gathers for four Training Day masterclasses led by professional artists, with workshop topics ranging from physical theatre, to pitching your show, to decolonizing arts practice. These days are a chance for participants to meet and work with one another (and find future collaborators!).