JOIN OUR TEAM: #Paprika21 Indigenous Arts Showcase Administrator
Paprika Festival is looking to engage an Indigenous Arts Showcase Administrator for the 21st Paprika Festival in May 2022! This short term contract is a great opportunity to connect with Indigenous artists, flex your administrative skills, and host an in person event with the full support of a festival team.
This contract involves the planning and execution of the following events:
- Collaborate with Interim Indigenous Arts Program Producer Cheyenne Scott on the curation of the Showcase, including the artists, theme, discipline, and genre. We're down for anything, from dancing, to opera, to spoken word, to a staged reading, to drag. The purpose is to celebrate Indigenous talent, and we welcome you to bring your experience and interests to the coordination of this Showcase!
- Coordinate scheduling and communication with Showcase Artists
- Attend the IAP Showcase tech rehearsal on Thursday, May 12 from 5:15-7:45PM at the Aki Studio
- Facilitate and host a (1) hour long performance(s) in the Aki Theatre on Sunday May 22, 2022 from 6:15-7:15PM (closing the festival) with support from Artistic Producer Keshia Palm
The fee for this work is $750.
About the Paprika Festival:
Paprika Festival is a youth-led professional performing arts organization. We run year round professional training and mentorship programs that culminate in a performing arts festival of new work by young artists.
- We generate opportunities for young artists to lead their own creative process with the support of their peers and professional mentors.
- We set the stage for young artists to have their voices heard in a setting that is supportive and also dependent on critical response.
- We ensure that young artists are well equipped to find employment in diverse cultural industries and to become our successors.
How to Apply:
Please send a resume (no need to create a custom resume for the role – whatever you have handy is great!) along with an email sharing in a few sentences what interests you about this position, and your connection to Indigenous Arts to Keshia Palm, Artistic Producer at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Indigenous Arts Showcase Coordinator”. Your application will be reviewed by Keshia and Cheyenne Scott, Indigenous Arts Program Facilitator and Interim Producer. Applications are due by 5PM on April 22, 2022
Paprika is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Paprika is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Paprika will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on race, colour, religion or belief, sexuality, gender expression, family or parental status or any other legally protected grounds. Paprika encourages applicants of all ages. Accommodations are available throughout the hiring process.
Paprika is a youth-led theatre festival. We prioritize applications from those under 30.