PAPRIKA’S 15TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION
Join us as we celebrate an incredible 15 years of new work by young and emerging artists!
This special event will feature excerpts from plays written throughout Paprika’s history by alumni playwrights Britta Johnson, Sara Farb, Kanika Ambrose, Briana Brown, Ariadne Cabon and Glenys Robinson. You may know their names now, but where did it all start? Join us as they dust off their earliest works with the help of a star-studded cast including Guillermo Verdecchia and Tamsin Kelsey.
One night only – Thursday, May 26, 2016
6:30pm – Reception with light food & drink at Paintbox Bistro (555 Dundas St. E)
- Grilled Paprika Shrimp Skewer
- Fried Plantain Topped With Curry Chicken Salad & Toasted Coconut
- Antipasto Skewer – Bocconcini, Basil, Cherry Tomato & Prosciutto
- Hard Sell Taco with spicy black bean chili and diced avocado & tomato
+ Cash bar, featuring a signature Paprika Festival Cocktail
8pm - Performance at the Aki Studio, in the Daniels Spectrum (just next door – 585 Dundas St. E)
Featuring special guest performers Tamsin Kelsey*, Pamela Sinha*, Guillermo Verdecchia*, Britta Johnson, and Kanika Ambrose.
Thoughts of Her by Ariadne Cabon
This Play is Like by Glenys Robinson
More than Breath by Briana Brown and Megan Patterson
R-E-B-E-C-C-A by Sara Farb
My Umm Hmm by Kanika Ambrose
Life After by Britta Johnson
PLUS: A brand new collective creation piece by 2016 Paprika participants!
* The participation of these Artists is arranged by permission of Canadian Actors’ Equity Association under the provisions of the Dance Opera Theatre Policy (DOT).