Call for Submissions: Join the 2016/17 Paprika Festival
Paprika Festival is currently seeking applications for our 2016/2017 artistic programs. Whether you’re looking to meet new collaborators, starting your first project and don’t know where it could end up or you have the perfect vision for an exciting new play, Paprika can support you in taking your work to the next level.
Paprika Festival runs year round professional training and mentorship programs that culminate in a conference and performing arts festival of new work by young artists. This year, our programs begin November 2016 and lead up to a showcase at Paprika Festival in May 2017. The Festival will take place at Native Earth’s Aki Studio in Daniels Spectrum, a cultural hub in Regent Park, in partnership with Native Earth Performing Arts.
Paprika is committed to accessibility. If you need assistance with your application in any way please don’t hesitate to contact us. We strive to be a barrier free organization and we want to make this as easy as possible for you! Paprika Festival offers interviews to every applicant, so if a written application poses any challenges to you, we can easily go through the questions in your interview. Paprika Festival is an equal opportunity organization and strongly encourages applications from Indigenous, culturally diverse applicants and any equity seeking group, including but not limited to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
Through our diverse artistic training programs, Paprika provides the following:
- We connect you with leading professional artists for personalized mentorships
- We provide a space to experiment, develop your work and take creative risks
- We help to prepare you for a career in the arts through professional development workshops
- All of our programs are free-of-charge to participants
* A note about age: at Paprika our core age group is 15-21 years for all programs excluding the Director’s lab (15-30 years) and the Advisory Board (21-25 years). We are interested in making exceptions to this for young people who can prove they need a higher caliber of training, and for older people who are new to the arts. It is not recommended for young people applying to Productions, The Creator’s Unit, or Playwriting have finished a post secondary degree in theatre.
More information about our programs and how to apply can be found here: APPLY NOW
ALL APPLICATIONS ARE DUE OCTOBER 7, 2016 (11:59PM EST)
Our programs are working towards being barrier free. If you have any challenges applying for the program, or questions about any of the programs, feel free to write to Artistic Producer Darwin Lyons at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 416-799-5112.
We are more than happy to make accommodations to any equity seeking person who needs an adjustment to the application process.